Saturday, July 2, 2016

Class Dojo!


Class Dojo




I have been using Class Dojo ( www.classdojo.com) is my classroom for over three years now and I LOVE it. I even gave a professional development presentation on it! I love how the students respond to it, I LOVE being able to message parents and send them pictures of their children doing awesome things in the classroom.

What don't I love? I don't love the free resources they have available, so I made my own like many have! I have been revising and changing the way I use class dojo and my resources and feel like I finally have it exactly how I want it!

First of all, I stay very consistent. I use it every single day, and always have my volume up on my computer! That way, the students know exactly when they are getting a positive or negative point. I try very very hard to make 95% of the points I give my students positive. Most of the negative points are whole class negative points from talking too loudly, after they have been warned several times.  Here are some examples of what I use for positive and negative points, I usually just add them as I need them throughout the school year!



Each Friday, at the end of the day we "turn in" our weekly points. I, like many, want this to be a great incentive for my students as well as, keep myself sane! haha! So because of that, my students must turn in all of their points, and there are no "roll over" points! They add up their points ( if they switch classes) on a scrap piece of paper. Then they turn them in by subtracting what they want. I use mostly all coupons so that I do not have to purchase anything. I still buy pencils and erasers and a few other little things. If you just want to purchase my reward coupons you can find those here. :) Printer-Friendly-Classroom-Reward-Coupons-with-Rewards-Point-Menu-759233 This process takes us about 15-20 minutes every Friday afternoon, but my students LOVE using the coupons in class!

I also use a bin I found at Joanns to help keep them organized and clutter free! :) Here is a picture how I store them!





No comments: