Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Puppies, Go Math and 5th Grade Science, Oh My!

First, lets start with my handsome boys! They are getting so big so fast! They are 25lbs and growing!  

This year is my first year teaching 5th grade math and science. I have a regular class and an inclusion class. I was wondering if anyone uses Go Math, and had any thoughts on it. I like it, but was wondering what people use for a spiral review,  I feel like the ones they provide aren't enough. I did purchase a packet off of TPT, but just wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions! 
Also, since this is my first year teaching 5th grade science, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of good resurces/websites to use?
Thanks for the help! 
-Britt 

2 comments:

  1. I have used Harcourt Go Math for several years now. We switched to the CCSS version this year and I am having a very difficult time being able to fit everything in. I am rarely able to split into centers for very long to provide additional practice and review. When I do, I use Studyjams-Math videos, Learnzillion Math, TenMarks.com, Xtramath.org, Sumdog.com, Scootpad and many other websites and activities that I have gone on hunts for. I have also purchased MANY games and resources from TpT sellers to provide more review.
    I use Harcourt Science Fusion...I have taken the time to match StudyJams-Science videos with my Science units and lessons. I have dumped many websites onto Symbaloo boards and organized them by the units we cover in our 5th grade Science. You are welcome to access any of the links on my class website. I have TONS of links. http://www.myteacherpages.com/webpages/Arose/links.cfm?getCat=70004

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you so much!!!! I truly appreciate that you took time to help me!

    ReplyDelete