Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Classroom Management & a FREEBIE!

Classroom Management & a FREEBIE!!!



One thing that I have used my ENTIRE teaching career is hand signals. I saw a few different teachers use them in my field experiences and my first year as a tutor. I changed them to meet the needs of my classroom and they have been one of the biggest time savers I have ever found. I use a few of the signals but I changed some things too.

Here are the ones that I personally use in my classroom.

The first signal is the restroom signal, it is the sign language symbol for "R". This makes my life so much better! One of my biggest pet peeves is when I call on a student and they ask to use the restroom. If one of my students hold their hand and fingers like this, I know they need to go, and I can either say YES, NO or just nod my head.




The second hand signal I use in my classroom is the sharpen pencil signal. My other pet peeve is a student sharpening their pencil while I'm talking. I have the students hold their pencil up and all I have to say is YES, NO, or WAIT.


The next hand signal is water. I have a fountain in my classroom, and as long as I'm not talking they can get up and get a drink. However, sometimes they like to or need to get up and go to the water fountain in the hallway. They made a W with their hand/fingers. And again, all I have to say is YES, NO, or WAIT.


 Last but not least, if they have a question, comment or concern, they just raise their hand!


Tissues- students in my class can get a tissue whenever they need one. ( Unless it becomes a problem but it never has before!)I did add a poster if you would like them to use a hand signal instead.


 The other posters  included in this FREEBIE are agree, disagree, ready to learn.



This product also has four different background choices!








No comments: